Radiologic Technologist PRN FLOAT - Easton/Denton/Kent Island
University of Maryland Medical System
Location: Easton, Maryland
Internal Number: REF14145H
Radiology Technologists provide patient centric care, medical assistance and perform x-ray studies for UMMS Ambulatory Care patients.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host or clinical daily responsibilities check list for opening, shift and closing of center.
2. Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
3. Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
4. Accurately record patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR);
5. Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
6. Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
7. Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
8. Processes cash and credit payments for services.
9. Prepares the radiology suite, equipment, and materials as necessary. Prepares pediatric and adult patients for x-ray studies and effortlessly explains and completes the capturing of images.
10. Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
11. Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
12. Assist new associates in training as requested.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you'll enjoy as a member of our team.
Education and Experience
High school diploma is required.
Graduation from an approved school and/or program is required.
BLS/CPR Certification is required.
Current state licensure as a radiologic technologist or a Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist with all modifiers is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be a passionate effective role model for patient experience and employee engagement.
An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
Possess excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
High standard of work ethic.
Impeccable patient care.
Ability to multi-task.
Ability to work in a small group dynamic autonomously.
Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
Ability to work will under high pressure situations in a fast track environment.
Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience.
Ability to work 8 or 12 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Must have reliable, independent transportation in order to travel to various locations during any given shift.
Required Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 15-30 lbs.
Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) was created in 1984 when the state-owned University Hospital became a private, nonprofit organization. It has evolved into a multi-hospital system with academic, community and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. It also has one of the world's largest kidney transplant programs, as well as scores of other programs that improve the physical and mental health of thousands of people daily. The hospitals and health systems that comprise UMMS are: University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus, UM Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, UM Capital Region Health, UM Charles Regional Medical Center, UM St. Joseph Medical Center, UM Upper Chesapeake Health, UM Shore Regional Health, Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital and UM Community Medical Group.